Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Dress with Matching Bonnet


So I was brave. 
I had a baby shower to go to tonight, and I decided to make my gift.
I usually do a car seat tent, or something simple but I was crazy and decided to whip up a dress.
ON the day of the shower. 
More like...
Crazy. Me. This 


But it turned out sweet and simple.
(Too bad I didn't hang it straight on the hanger... whoops)
I didn't use any one specific tutorial... just kind of made what I thought would look cute.
I mainly decided to make it because I wanted to give bonnet making a whirl.


I think I'd adjust a few things next time, but it still turned out pretty sweet.

Oh, and I just HAD to figure out shirring on my new machine.
It worked beautifully. 

Have a baby shower you need a gift for?

Craft. Me. This.

Tutorials:
Bonnet - HERE (with free pattern, sweet!)
Dress - A little of THIS (bodice/dress), THIS (sleeve) and THIS (bow).

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Holy crap. You made this in ONE DAY???

*faints on the floor*

Post a Comment