Thursday, August 30, 2012

Quilt: Baby Dinos

It seems like the only projects I've been making lately are car seat tents, because what else are my friends doing but having babies! And lots of them!

I realized that I never posted about the baby quilt that I made for my sister in law.
It is the first real quilt that I've made, and I even quilted it on my sewing machine!
How fun is that?!!


I used a simple pattern that I found online and adjusted it to be a square 
(I like doing a larger square for lil' babes)


My fabric wasn't wide enough to just use one piece on the back, so instead of just having a seam, I did an accent stripe on the back to add a little fun.


It isn't perfect, but I was tickled with how it turned out.


And this is how it sat in my house for a good month and a half until I was able to hand deliver it during my trip home this summer.


I'm sure you have someone in your life having a baby... or maybe it is you!

Craft. Me. This

1 comments:

Deb said...

It's so cute!!! I love the back! I can't believe that's your first quilt, a.) because it's so good, and b.) because you just seem like a quilter to me. I've been hankering to make a quilt again...just waiting for the weather to get cooler. This inspires me!

Post a Comment